Preparing a submission
Emails containing submissions may contain the following information, depending on the nature of the article:
The email cover letter:
- The author’s full name and contact information, including a day-time phone number (with A/C)
- A very brief description of the subject matter of the article
- Month and Year for publishing the article
- The website address of the author (preferred)
- A valid email address for the author (will work in a pinch)
- (optional) Reference to a supporting YouTube video (only) that supports the article
File attachments that include (depending on the nature of the article):
- A "docx" or "doc" or plain text file containing the article contents
- 2 or more images to support the article that satisfy the criteria listed earlier
- (optional) Any special captions and a clear indication of what image(s) they refer to
- (optional) A PDF support file
- (optional) Release forms for copyrighted images (a coarse scan of printed release documents is adequate)
Email address: Submissions should be sent to: submissions@TravelSavvyNews.com
Authors of accepted submissions will be notified 2-4 weeks prior to publication.
Also required: an active, "reverse-link" to this website must be included by authors when citations or references to published articles are made for third-party work. Minimal example:
As published on TravelSavvyNews.com.
Deadline -- The deadline for receipt of articles is the 15th of the month prior to the release of the next edition, which is made available for visitor review on the 1st of each month. Example: If an article is intended for inclusion in the July, 2099, edition, it must be recieved not later than June, 15, 2099. The sooner it is received, the better.
Articles recieved for publication after the deadline may be held until the next edition, but if there is a time constraint about publishing the article we will include it (if possible). A $75.00 "rush fee" may apply and must be remitted prior to publication of the article.
|< Previous||1 | 2 | 3 | 4|